Get hyped for a minute with a brief 2018 recap:
- The OFF-WHITE x Converse Chuck Taylor All Star got us all wondering if we really need our kidneys.
- Virgil and Kanye hit us with fire with their OFF-WHITES and Yeezys.
- Balenciaga muscled its way into the sneaker industry. And so did Dior with its B22.
- Volt (the bright and electric lime green colour) is now a staple hue in sneaker design.
- The Adidas Yung-1 dropped in June and went straight to the collectors list.
- And Puma, Reebok, Asics and Fila ensured that the Dad-Sneaker is here to stay with their RS-X, Aztrek, GEL-KAYANO 5 OG and Disruptor 2 respectively.
- Sneaker Festival SOLE DXB was quite a success and it made everyone wonder how kids have that much money to spend on hype kicks.
But that was last year…
…and 2019 is going to be even more exciting for the sneaker industry. While the global athletic footwear market size is expected to reach $95.14 billion by 2025, we’re looking closer to home.
To satisfy the cravings of regional sneakerheads, we have launched sneakers.me – the region’s first (and so far, only) platform dedicated exclusively to sneaker news and reviews.
Wondering about international and local drop dates? You’ve come to the right place.